Dark Christmas Pudding Ingredients:
300 gms Currants
- 300 gms Raisins
- 120 gms Plain Flour ( Maida)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 tsp grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp grounded Cinnamon and Cloves
- 240 gms Margarine shredded
- 120 gms Fresh breadcrumbs
- 120 gms Sugar (preferably jaggery)
- 60 gms Glace Cherries
- 60 gms Almonds blanched
- 30 gms Mixed Peel chopped
- Few pieces rind of Oranges finely grated
- Few pieces rind of Lemon finely grated
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 6 Level tbsp Black treacle
- 1 tbsp Brandy
How to make dark christmas pudding:
- Wash and pick the currants and raisins and dry thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, salt and spices into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the margarine, bread crumbs and sugar.
- Chop and mix together the currants, raisins, cherries, almonds, mixed peel and orange and lemon rinds.
- Stir these into the prepared dry ingredients.
- Beat the orange juice with the eggs and vanilla essence and pour into the bowl.
- Add the treacle and brandy and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Turn the mix over into a greased pudding basin.
- Cover the basin securely with double thickness of grease paper and tie securely.
- place in a pressure cooker and cook till done.
- When ready, remove cover and replace with fresh grease proof paper.
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
- To serve, steam the pudding again.
- Turn out into a hot dish.
- Pour a little warmed brandy round the dish and light before bringing to table.
Dark Christmas Pudding is ready to serve.