Danish Fruit Pudding Ingredients:
2 pints small ripe strawberries, rinsed, hulled, halved or quartered
- 3 Tablespoons sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (optional)
- Heavy cream, plain yogurt or sour cream
How to make Danish Fruit Pudding
- Place the strawberries in a medium saucepan, add the 3 tablespoons sugar and mash with a potato masher. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, stir 1/2 cup water and the cornstarch together in a small bowl until thoroughly blended and there are no lumps. Add to the berry mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture boils and becomes transparent, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the lime juice, if using.
- Spoon the pudding into a pretty serving bowl or individual dessert bowls. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Serve with a topping of whipped heavy cream, yogurt or sour cream and sprinkling of sugar.
Danish Fruit Pudding is ready to serve.
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes