Creamy Saffron Yogurt Ingredients:
- 700g Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp cardamom pods
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 8-10 saffron strands
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tbsp shelled pistachios , slivered
- 1 large ripe mango , sliced
How to make Creamy Saffron Yogurt:
- Place a piece of muslin or thick kitchen paper in a large sieve set over a large bowl. Spoon the yogurt into the sieve, cover with another piece of muslin or 2 sheets of kitchen paper and set aside at room temperature for 25-30 minutes (this is done to remove excess moisture).
- Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods and crush them using a pestle and mortar – you will need 1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Lift off and discard the top layer of paper from the yogurt, then scrape the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Mix the saffron strands with the milk, then add the lot to the yogurt with the ground cardamom. Give the yogurt mixture a good stir for a few minutes so the ingredients are well mixed. (You can make up to this stage a day ahead and keep covered in the fridge.)
- Divide between 6 small glasses and scatter over the pistachios. Stand each glass on a saucer with some fresh mango slices on the side and serve at room temperature.