Chocolate Ground Almonds Cake Recipe
Chocolate Ground Almonds Cake Ingredients:
- 12 oz (340 g) semisweet chocolate (45-50 % cocoa)
- 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) butter
- 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) milk
- 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) finely ground almonds
- 4/5 cup (180 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
How to make Chocolate Ground Almonds Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Line a 9 in (23 cm) cake tin with grease proof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter and milk over hot water.
- Beat the egg yolks with half of the sugar.
- Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- Fold inn ground almonds and baking powder.
- Beat egg whites until frothy by using an electric mixer; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Please note that cakes of this type will collapse and look like a pie (see the picture).
Tags almonds cake chocolate chocolate cake Ground