- One 3/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- Two teaspoons baking soda
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- One 1/2 mugs granulated sugar
- One and a half cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- Three eggs
- One and a half tablespoon ginger-flavored brandy or even water
- 2 cups shredded carrots (regarding 4 medium)
- One and a half may (8 oz) crushed pineapple within juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- Three tablespoons butter or even margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger-flavored brandy or even vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 2 1/2 to Three mugs powdered sugar
- Sugared cranberries, in the event that desired
- Sugared orange peel, in the event that desired
How to make Carrot-Cranberry Cake
- Heat oven in order to 350°F. Oil bottom as well as sides associated with three 8-inch sq . pans or 3 8-inch round cake pans with shortening; gently flour.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and also the allspice; set aside. In big bowl, defeat granulated sugar, mayonnaise as well as eggs along with electric mixing machine on medium speed, scraping bowl from time to time, till blended. Beat in One and a halftablespoon brandy. Progressively beat within flour mixture till batter is sleek. Stir within carrots, pineapple, pecans and dried cranberries. Put into pans.
- Bake 30 to Thirty-five moments or even till toothpick placed within center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; eliminate from cookware to cable stand. Cool totally, regarding 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, defeat cream cheese, butter, 1/2 teaspoon brandy as well as 1/8 teaspoon salt upon medium speed till sleek. Gradually beat within powdered sugar on low pace until smooth as well as spreadable. Fill levels as well as ice side as well as top of cake along with frosting. Take with cranberries as well as orange peel. Shop covered within fridge.
Carrot-Cranberry Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Servings: 12 to 16 servings