Basil Tomato Tart Ingredients
Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 to 6 fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
How to make Basil Tomato Tart
- Roll pastry to fit a 9-in. tart pan or pie plate; place in pan. Do not prick. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
Remove foil; bake 8 minutes more. Remove from the oven. Reduce heat to 375°.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella over the hot crust. Cut each tomato into eight wedges;
remove seeds. Arrange over cheese. In a food processor, process the basil and
garlic until coarsely chopped; sprinkle over tomatoes. Combine mayonnaise,
Parmesan, pepper and the remaining mozzarella; spoon over basil. Bake, uncovered,
for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
Basil Tomato Tart is ready to serve.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.