- Two 1/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- One 2/3 mugs granulated sugar
- One 1/4 cups mashed really ripe bananas (3 large)
- 2/3 mug shortening
- 2/3 mug finely chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- One 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, if desired
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
How to make Banana-Nut Cake
- Heat oven in order to 350°F. Oil as well as flour 13×9-inch skillet or even two 9-inch spherical cake pans. In large dish, defeat just about all cake elements with electrical mixer on low pace 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high-speed 3 moments, scraping bowl from time to time. Put in to pan(s).
- Bake rectangular shape Forty five to 50 minutes, rounds Thirty-five to Forty minutes, or till toothpick placed in center arrives thoroughly clean. Awesome rectangular shape in pan upon air conditioning rack. Cool models Ten minutes; remove from pans to air conditioning shelves. Cool completely, about One hour.
- In medium dish, mix powdered sugar and peanut butter along with spoon or even electric mixing machine on low speed. Mix in vanilla and 1/4 cup milk. Beat until smooth and spreadable. If required, mix in additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
Banana-Nut Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Servings: 16 servings