Banana Mousse Recipe
Banana Mousse Ingredients:
- ½cBrown sugar
- 2cSliced bananas
- ½cPlain yogurt
- 2Egg yolks
- 1pkUnflavored gelatin
- 4oz.Orange juice
- 3cWhipping cream
- 2Egg whites
- Chopped walnuts for garnish
How to make Banana Mousse:
- Melt butter in nonstick frying pan.
- Add brown sugar and bananas.
- Saute bananas until they are well coated and soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes.
- Add yogurt and puree with bananas in blender.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in stainless stell bowl over hot water bath or top half of double boiler until mixture lightens in color and becomes fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add gelatin that has been softened in orange juice to egg mixture and continue beating for another 2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and combine with banana puree, mixing thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip cream and 3 tbsp sugar into soft peaks.
- Beat egg whites until they form firm peaks.
- Fold 2/3 of the whipped cream (reserving 1/3 for garnish) into the chilled banana puree.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Chill for 4-6 hours.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and chipped walnuts.
- Serve 6-8.
Tags banana mousse