Banana Cream Mousse Ingredients:
Banana Cream Mousse Recipe
- 3 bananas, riped
- 1 Tbs sugar cane
- 1/2 lemon , juiced
- 2 Tbs superfine sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp banana extract
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 1 cup mascarpone, room temperature
- 2 Tbs powdered sugar, + extra for garnish
- 2 tsp unflavored agar agar powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp superfine sugar
How to make Banana Cream Mousse:
- Peel the bananas. Slice them. Drizzle them with lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Place 2 1/2 bananas in a bowl and mash them into a puree. Gather about 1 cup of banana puree. Add the sugar cane.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the agar agar in 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Bring to a boil. Then remove from the heat. Let the liquid cool down for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the mascarpone in a small mixing bowl with the superfine sugar until it’s soften.
- Add the dissolved agar agar into the mascarpone. Add the banana extract and the yellow food coloring.
- Whisk the remaining heavy cream using an electrical blender. As the volume of cream doubles, the peaks become a little stiff. Add the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar.
- Fold the mashed bananas into the mascarpone mixture using a silicone spatula. Then gently fold in the whipped cream. It will make the mousse light and airy.
- Fill up your ramekins using a pastry bag. Plastic-wrap each cup and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a hot pan, melt the butter. Add the remaining sliced bananas, then sprinkle them with sugar. Caramelized the bananas on each side. Set aside in a plate.
- Before serving, top with sliced caramelized bananas. Finally, dust with a little powdered sugar.