Baked Cranberry Pudding Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups whole cranberries
How to make Baked Cranberry Pudding
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and egg yolks. Add whipping cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, orange peel, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar and salt. Add chopped cranberries; stir to completely coat. Add brown sugar mixture and butter; mix well. (Batter will be stiff.) Beat egg whites until foamy. Add remaining cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for topping, bring sugar and orange juice to a boil in a saucepan.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat; add cranberries and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until berries begin to burst. Remove from heat and cover.
- When pudding tests done, place springform pan on a jelly roll pan. Spoon warm cranberry sauce over top. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing sides of springform pan. Cool at least 1 hour or overnight. Before serving, reheat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Baked Cranberry Pudding is ready to serve.
Cook Time:45 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 5 Min