- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 5 Egg whites, room temperature
- 1 layer Sponge Cake
- 1 brick Chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla ice cream or other flavor (very firmly frozen)
How to make Baked Alaska:
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar to egg whites and beat until meringue forms stiff peaks. Cut sponge cake 1 inch larger than the brick of ice cream.
- Spread meringue over the ice cream and the cake, taking care to seal completely so no ice cream is exposed.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake at 400° until meringue is light brown.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.