Apricot Pudding Ingredients:
185 gm (6 oz) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup (185 gm/6 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 415 gm (13 oz) tin pie apricots
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar extra
How to make Apricot Pudding
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat butter and caster sugar until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Carefully fold in the flours with a metal spoon.
- Place half the mixture in a greased and lined tin, measuring approximately 18 cm x 28 cm (7″ x 11″) . Arrange the apricots over the top. Carefully spread remaining mixture over the top of the apricots. The mixture will not coat all the apricots. The idea is to have some of the fruit still showing.
- Sprinkle the almonds and extra sugar over the top and bake for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Apricot Pudding is ready to serve.