Apple Streusel Coffee Cake Ingredients
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and finely diced
How to make Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt cake
- To make streusel: In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, and
cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a fork until crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, and baking
soda. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Then stir in the vanilla and
yogurt. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Pour 3 cups of the batter into the Bundt pan, sprinkle with 1/4 of the streusel,
and layer with apples. Sprinkle with 1/2 the remaining streusel. Pour in the
remaining batter, and top with the remaining 1/4 streusel. Lightly pat the top
layer of streusel so it sticks to the cake batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Place cookie sheet over pan and carefully invert both. Remove Bundt pan, and let the cake cool completely.
Apple Streusel Coffee Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr
Ready In:1 Hr 30 Min