Apple Bread Butter Pudding Ingredients
4 thick slices Thickly Buttered White Bread [or equivalent in other bread]
- 1 oz Raisins
- 1 oz Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Small Dessert Apple
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 pt Milk
- 1 tbsp Sherry
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Demerema Sugar
How to make Apple Bread Butter Pudding
- Grease a deep sided dish about 7″ diameter or a small casserole. Cut the crusts off the bread and set aside to fill in any ‘gaps’ then cut the slices into eighths.
- Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon & raisins. Cover the bottom of the dish with 1/3 of the bread [butter side down] and sprinkle just under half of the sugar mixture over the bread.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer or bread and sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over the bread.
- Peel, core and finely dice the apple, place in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook until just tender. Put half the apple piece over the bread and sugar
- Put another layer of bread in the dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the apple and the remaining sugar of the bread. Top with the remaining bread, butter side up.
- Mix the milk, egg and sherry and pour very slowly over the bread, try to get some on every piece.
- Turn the oven on to 190°C [170°C fan ovens] and leave the dish to stand for 15-20 min [the longer it soaks the softer the end result].
- Sprinkle the demerera sugar over the top and bake for 45 min until browned.
Apple Bread Butter Pudding is ready to serve.