Anise Cookies Ingredients
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons destroyed aniseed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp . ground sugar-cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Two eggs
- 1 cup blanched almonds, done and quickly chopped
- 2 teaspoons milk
How to make Anise Cookies
- Line the baking griddle with aluminum foil; set aside. In a very large serving, combine
the flour, baking powder, aniseed, salt, nutmeg and nutmeg; put aside.
- In a huge bowl, cream butter along with 3/4 cup sugar till light along with fluffy.
- Defeat in vanilla and also eggs. Stir within almonds along with reserved flour mix.
- Divide dough in half. Form each in a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle on the ready baking
bed sheet. Smooth the outer lining of each rectangular shape; brush along with
milk as well as sprinkle together with remaining sugar.
- Make at 375° for 20 minutes or until gold brown and firm to touch. Remove from
the oven and reduce heat to 300°.
- Transfer rectangles along with foil with a wire shelves; cool for 15 minutes. Spot
rectangles on a reducing board; lower diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place cuts, cut
facet down, about baking bed sheets.
- Bake 10-12 mins longer. Change oven away from, leaving biscuits in oven to cool
together with door ajar. Store cookies throughout airtight containers.
Anise Cookies is ready to serve.
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling