- Walnuts – 2 cups.
- Sugar – 4 cups.
- Low fat unsalted butter, 1 stick.
- Milk, 3 cups.
- Food color, 1 pinch.
- Cardamom powder, 2 teaspoons.
- Grind the walnuts into a smooth paste by adding ½ cup of milk along with it in the blender.
- Heat a pan and the stick of butter to the pan. When the butter has melted completely, add the ground walnut paste, remaining milk, sugar, food color, cardamom powder and stir everything well until the sugar melts. Keep stirring till the halwa becomes thick.
- The halwa will slowly become thick and when the halwa comes along with the spatula while stirring with without sticking to the bottom, switch off the stove.
- The final halwa consistency should not be too thick, it should be a little bit runny. When it starts cooling, it will become thick to the desired consistency.
[singlepic id=554 w=320 h=240 float=center]