Paneer Coconut Gravy Recipe
Paneer Coconut Gravy Ingredients:
- 250 gms Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 3 Onion (Pyaj)
- 4 – 5 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
- 1 ” long piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 4 Tomato (Tamatar)
- Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 3 tblsp Groundnut (Moong Fali) Powder
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Lime or Lemon Juice (Nimbu)
- 2 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
How to make paneer coconut gravy:
- Cut paneer in squares.
- Grind onions to a paste.
- Grind tomatoes finely.
- Grind ginger (adrak), garlic (lasun) to a paste.
- Chop coriander leaves (dhania patta) very finely.
- Chop fresh red chillies very finely.
- Roast the groundnuts and grind them to a fine paste.
- To make coconut milk, grate fresh coconut and mince in a grinder with 1 cup of water. Sieve the mixture and coconut milk is ready.
- Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a pan.
- Add cumin seed (jeera), onion (pyaj) and pink it, stirring continously.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and stir it for 1 minute
- Now add tomato and fresh red chilly.
- Cook for sometime and then add tomato (tamatar).
- Continue cooking it on medium flame till ghee/oil begins to separate.
- Add coriander seeds powder (dhania powder), red chili powder (lal mirchi), salt, sugar groundnut (moong fali) powder, coconut milk.
- Add the paneer pieces and let the gravy cook till it thickens.
- Take off the fire and serve hot garnish it with well chopped coriander leaves.