Mirchi ka Salan Recipe
Mirchi ka Salan Ingredients:
- 8 or 10 medium sized green chillies (I used 4 big green chillies)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (white thil)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes/desiccated coconut/copra
- 2 tsps coriander seeds (dhania)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup fresh yogurt
- 1 tsp sour cream
- 1 tsp tamarind paste/pulp (I use Laxmi brand natural tamarind concentrate)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Oil for making the curry
How to make Mirchi ka Salan:
- Dry roast the sesame seeds, peanuts, coriander seeds and cumin seeds – one at a time in a pan.
- Sauté the onion in 1 tsp of oil until transparent.
- Make a paste of the sesame seeds, peanuts, coriander and cumin seeds along with the sautéed onions and coconut.
- Slit the green chillies and sauté them in a little oil and set aside. You can remove the seeds from the chillies to reduce the heat. I used big green chillies, so I just chopped them into big pieces.
- Set the chillies aside and in the same pan add some oil and sauté the ground masala paste along with the ginger garlic paste and tamarind concentrate for about 3-4 minutes.
- Next add the yogurt, sour cream and salt and mix well till the yogurt is incorporated in the masala.
- Add water to reach the desired consistency. Make sure you boil the masala well after adding water.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Tags Mirchi salan