Massaman Curry Recipe
Massaman Curry Ingredients:
- 1 lb. (500 grams) chicken thigh
- 3 tbsp masaman curry paste, Nittaya brand or homemade masaman curry paste
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 5 potatoes, carved and boiled
- 5 small onions, carved
- 2 tbsp roasted peanut
- 5 roasted cardamom pods
- 1 roasted cinnamon stick, about 1″ long
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tamarind concentrate
- 3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- Bay leaves for garnish
How to make Massaman Curry Recipe
- Preheat the coconut milk over medium heat until boiling, add chicken thigh, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Preheat the coconut cream over medium heat until oil surfaces. Add the curry paste, and saute until fragrant. Transfer to the chicken pot, add peanuts. Season to taste with sugar, fish sauce, tamarind juice and lime juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and simmer until everything is tender and cooked through.
- Spoon onto a serving dish, garnish with bay leaf to give a sense of a Thai touch. Pickled ginger or cucumber relish can also be served as condiments.
Tags curry massaman