- 675gms / 11/2 lb. Green Aam (Mangoes)
- 575gms/11/4lb Sugar
- 2tsp salt
- 1tbsp white cumin seeds
- 2tsp brown cardamom seeds
- 1tbsp poppy seeds
- 1tsp red chili powder
- Wash, peel and grate the aam (mangoes). There should be about 450gms / 1lb of flesh.
- Add sugar and salt and mix well in a large bowl.
- Roast cumin seeds, cardamom seeds and poppy seeds, stir in chili powder and mix with the sweetened mango.
- Turn the mango pickle into a sterilized jar, cover with a clean cloth and leave out in the sun or in warm, light place for about a week.
- Shake the jar at least once a day.