Guava Chutney Ingredients:
250 grams Guava (Amrood)
- 1 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 level teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
- 180 grams Sugar (Cheeni) (1 1/4 cup)
- 2 level teaspoons Salt (Namak)
- 2 tsps Ginger (Adrak), cut into thin long strips
- 2 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
- 1 teaspoon Raisins (Kishmish)
- 10 blanched Almonds (Badam)
How to make guava chutney:
- Peel the guavas, cut each into four pieces and remove the seeds.
- Cut into thin slices and cook with ginger, garlic and water.
- Add sugar, crushed cardamoms, vinegar, chilli powder, raisins and almonds and cook on a hot fire till thick.
- Cool and put in a jar and cork tightly.
- Serve the next day.
Guava Chutney is ready to serve.