- 2 gallons sliced green tomatoes
- 12 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice and cloves
- 1 pint sugar
- 1 quart white vinegar
How to make Green Tomato Pickle:
- Combine spices with vinegar; bring to a rapid boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in tomatoes and onions; simmer until nearly tender (about 5 minutes), remembering that vegetables will continue to cook for another 20 minutes or so while being processed and cooling off.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4″ head-space.
- Wipe rims of jars clean.
- Adjust 2 piece caps.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.