Egg Korma Recipe
Egg Korma Ingredients:
- Eggs 6
- Onions 2 medium
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Cashewnuts 2 tbsps.
- Green Chillies 5
- Coconut (scraped) 1 tbsp.
- Coriander Powder 1 tbsp.
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Green Cardamoms 2
- Ginger 1 inch
- Vegetable Fat (ghee) 3 tbsps.
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves 1 tbsp
How to make egg korma:
- Peel and chop the onions. Peel and chop the ginger. Chop the cashew nuts. Wash and chop the green chillies. Clean, wash and chop the coriander leaves.
- Grind together the green chillies, scraped coconut, coriander powder, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and turmeric powder.
- Break the eggs, separate the whites from the yolks into a bowl and beat the egg whites till stiff. Add the egg yolks and milk to the egg white mixture and salt to taste.
- Beat the mixture again for ten minutes and place the egg mixture bowl into a large vessel containing a little water and boil till the egg is set.
- Turn out the egg and cut into cubes.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan and fry the chopped cashew nuts till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- In the same ghee add sliced onions and fry till the onions turn light brown. Add the ground masala and fry till the ghee floats to the top.
- Add half a cup of water and bring to a boil. Then add the egg cubes and cook gently till the korma thickens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or paranthas and chutney.
Tags egg korma