Egg curry andhra style Ingredients:
Egg curry andhra style Recipe
- Egg – 8 nos
- Potatoes(medium) – 2 nos
- (cut into long thick pieces)
- Onion(chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Onion(sliced) – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Green chillies(chopped) – 2 nos
- Green chillies(slit) – 2 nos
- Garlic pods – 2 nos
- Ginger – 1/2″ piece
- Shallots(Kunjulli) – 2 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Salt – As reqd
- Curry leaves – A few
- Oil – As reqd
- Cloves(Grambu) – 2 nos
- Cardamom(Elakka) – 2 nos
- Whole black pepper – 3 nos
- Fennel seeds(Perinjeerakam) – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 1/2 tsp or as reqd
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
How to make Egg curry andhra style:
- Boil the potatoes with slit green chillies, lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry the coconut, sliced shallots, ginger and garlic on a medium hot pan.
- Once the coconut turns brown, add cloves, cardamom, black pepper and fennel seeds.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and fry, till the raw smell leaves.
- Grind it well.
- Pour this into the boiled potatoes and boil further.
- Fry the chopped onions and green chillies and add it to the beaten eggs and make egg omlettes.
- Cut each omlette into several pieces.
- Add these to the boiled gravy and simmer for a minute.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the sliced onions and curry leaves, till they turn brown.
- Garnish the gravy with the above seasoning.
- Serve with pooris, chappathis or rice.