- 1 kg carrots
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 125 g cloves of garlic (leave small cloves whole, slice large ones)
- 250 g large green chillies
- 125 ml red fruit vinegar
- 225 ml oil
- Salt to taste
- Extra salt
- Scrape and slice the carrots lengthwise.
- Add salt and leave to marinate for half an hour. Wash and drain.
- Slit the green chillies lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Add to the carrots together with salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and garlic.
- Mix well. Add the vinegar and unheated oil.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
- Chef’s Tips: Keeps well in refrigerator for 8-15 days. For a different flavour add 1 tsp mustard seeds.