Carrot Chutney Ingredients:
1/2 kilo Carrot (Gajar)
- 15 grams Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi) (1/2 tsp)
- 30 grams fresh Ginger (Adrak) (2 tsps long strips)
- 2 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
- 8 blanched Almonds (Badam), slit into halves
- 60 grams Raisins (Kishmish) (4 tsps)
- 4 teaspoons Salt (Namak)
- 360 grams Sugar (Cheeni) (2 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
- 1 1/2 cups Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1 cup Water
How to make carrot chutney:
- Scrape and grate the carrots, chop garlic and slice ginger into long strips.
- Put the grated carrots, water, garlic and ginger in a deep pan or degchi and cook on a slow fire until tender and water is absorbed.
- Stir well.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt, cleaned raisins, almonds and crushed cardamoms and cook till a little thick.
- Pour in a clean jar and cork tightly. Serve after 2 days.
Carrot Chutney is ready to serve.