Tandoori Murgh Recipe
- Chicken, broiler 500 gm
For the marinade:
- Yoghurt (dahi) 1/2 cup / 90 gm
- Cumin (jeera) powder 1 tsp / 11/2 gm
- Garam masala 2 tsp / 4 gm
- Ginger (adrak) paste 5 tsp / 30 gm
- Lemon (nimbu) juice 2 tbsp / 30 ml
- Vegetable oil 31/2 tbsp / 52 ml
- Red chilli paste 1 tsp / 5 gm
- Saffron (kesar) a few strands
- Salt to taste
- Lemon (nimbu), cut into wedges 1
- Onion, cut into rings 1
- Clean the chicken, remove the skin and make 3 incisions each on the breasts, thighs, and legs.
- Whisk the yoghurt in a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the chicken and coat well. Keep aside to marinate for 3-4 hours. Preheat the tandoor or oven to 175ºC. skewer the chicken, leaving 4 cm gap between each piece.
- Keep a tray underneath to collect the drippings. If one is using a tandoor, take the chicken out from the tandoor when nearly half ready for about 10 minutes and then put it back in the tandoor till the chicken is done.
- If cooking in the oven then there is no need to take the chicken out. Serve hot garnished with lemon and onion.
Preparation Time: 3-4 hours
Cooking Time: 30 mins