Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice Ingredients:
Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 cup small cooked shrimp
- 8 rings canned pineapple, drained
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, white and green sections
- 1 – 2 tablespoons canned hot Japaleno peppers, such as Scarpone’s, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups cold cooked rice, scented jasmine or basmati if possible
- 1 to 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste (Indian curry powders, such as Madras, are good)
- Sugar, to taste
- Garnish as desired (see the recipe directions for suggestions)
How to make Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice:
- Cut the shrimp in half if desired. Cut the pineapple rings into wedges.
- Wash and grate the carrot. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and cut into bite-sized chunks. Peel and chop the onion. Wash and finely chop the green onion. Chop the Jalapeno pepper.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium to medium-heat. Add the oil, rotating the pan so that it coats the bottom and sides.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger and chopped Jalapenos. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the red bell pepper and the grated carrot. Add the pineapple and the shrimp. Stir-fry briefly.
- Add the rice, and cook for about 2 minutes, continually stirring and tossing until it becomes shiny. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Stir in the curry powder and sugar. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Stir in the green onion or use as a garnish. Serve hot.
- Garnish Suggestions: toasted coconut, crushed peanuts, and/or fresh mint sprigs or cilantro.