Pepper Chicken with Hummus ingredients
1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut into 2 1/2 -inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 Italian frying or Cubanelle pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 (8- to 10-ounce) container prepared hummus (preferably Sabra spicy or classic)
How to make Pepper Chicken with Hummus
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil.
- Stir together oil, salt, cumin, pepper, and oregano in a large bowl, then toss with chicken and vegetables. Arrange in baking pan without crowding and broil 4 to 6 inches from heat, stirring once, until chicken is just cooked through and vegetables are lightly charred, about 8 minutes. Divide hummus among plates and top with chicken and vegetables.
Yield: 4 servings
active time: 10 min
total time: 20 min