Makhani Chicken Curry Ingredients
4 large skinned chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 large red chillies shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 c. double cream shopping list
- 1 c. natural yogurt shopping list
- 1 fresh lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tblsp coriander leaves shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 6 fresh ripe tomatos shopping list
How to make Makhani Chicken Curry
- Core and deseed the chillies, chop them up fine.
- Add the chillies, fine chopped garlic, cumin and masala to a blender.
- Blend add the juice of the lemon, coriander leaves and the yogurt to create the marinade.
- Chop up the chicken into small pieces and put into a glass bowl
- Mix in the marinade with the chicken, cover and put in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Quarter the tomatos and put into a pan with nothing else. Warm for 20mins on a low to medium heat
- Strain the tomatos into a clean pan using a fine seive. Throw away the skins and pulp left over.
- tomato sauce should be thick, heat this for 50 mins until reduced to a nice thick sauce. You may need to skim off any yellow stuff off the top as it is heating.
- Add in 1/2 c. of butter and salt then stir and heat for another 20 minutes.
- Add in 1 c. heavy whipping cream, heat through thoroughly and set aside.
- heat a pan with 3 tbl spoons of vegetable oil and add all the chicken.
- Cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add in the tomato sauce and stir and heat for 5 minutes.
- Makhani Chicken Curry is ready to serve.