2 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted peanuts
- 1 to 2 dried red chilies, crushed (or 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes)
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup baby corns
- a bunch asparagus (stems removed)
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
How to make Kung Pao Chicken
- Combine chicken, egg white and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Mix next 7 ingredients in another small bowl. Set sauce aside.
- Heat oil in wok or heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peanuts and chilies and cook until peanuts are golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Then in same oil and wok add all vegetables and stir fry for 4 mins.
- Take all vegetables out of wok and keep aside.
- Increase heat to high.
- Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until chicken is lightly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Return peanuts to wok/pan.
- Add all vegetables too. Add sauce and blend thoroughly.
- Cook until heated through, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
Kung Pao Chicken is ready to serve immediately over hot cooked rice, if desired.