- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit and juice aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with curry powder.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides over medium-high heat in oil.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and pineapple until vegetables are tender and pineapple is golden brown.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and reserved pineapple juice.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Serve with rice.