Ginger Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Ginger Chicken Recipe
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 100 gm
- Ajinomoto – 1/2 tsp
- Onions – 300 gm
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Orange-red color – 1/4 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 lime
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chicken stock – As reqd(optional)
- Salt – As reqd
- Oil – 1 1/2 cup oil
- Salad and coriander leaves(for garnishing chicken dishes)
How to make Ginger Chicken
- Cut the chicken and marinate it with lemon juice, soya sauce, coloring and salt for 2 hrs. Marination improves the taste of almost all chicken dishes and especially for this ginger chicken.
- Grind together ginger, garlic and onions and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown and keep aside.
- Reheat the oil.
- Add ground onion paste and fry till fragrant.
- Add chilly powder, ajinomoto, vinegar, pepper powder and tomato sauce to the above mixture.
- Add required salt and fried chicken pieces. Stir till chicken pieces are well coated with the gravy and allow it to cook for a few minutes. Remove the ginger chicken from fire when the gravy acquires the desired consistency.
- (You can also add chicken stock to the ginger chicken gravy and cook. Adding chicken stock to ginger chicken will improve the taste and aroma)
- Ginger chicken recipe is ready and garnish with salad and coriander leaves. Serve the ginger chicken hot.
Tags ginger chicken