Desi Karahi Chicken Recipe
1/2 kg Boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium size Onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 tsp Ginger / garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 4 1/2 tbsp oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
How to make Desi Karahi Chicken
- In the saucepan, heat desi gheeloil and fry onion till golden brown.
Then add boneless chicken, garam masala, chilli powder, salt, ginger I garlic paste and green chillies and cook, stirring continuously, on medium heat till chicken becomes golden brown in colour. Add tomatoes, always stir till tomatoes soften.
- Cover and simmer on low heat, till chicken is tender and oil separates from spices.
- Serve hot with naan or paratha.
- Desi Karahi Chicken is redy to serve.
yield: 6-8 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes