Curry Chicken Soup Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green portions thinly sliced separately
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- One 32-ounce container (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large baking potato (12 to 14 ounces), peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
How to make Curry Chicken Soup
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the scallion whites, bell pepper and curry powder and cook, stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cauliflower and potato and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, partially cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and chickpeas and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the scallion greens and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the yogurt just before serving.
Baked Chicken and Rice is ready to serve.
Prep 15 min
Cook 20 min