- Bread slices, buttered 25
- Chicken, boiled and shredded 3 breast pieces
- Spring onions, finely chopped 3
- Capsicums, finely chopped 1 large, remove seeds
- Chilli garlic sauce 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped 4-5
- Margarine 2 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato 5 medium, pureed
- Green chillies, coarsely ground 4
- Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- Oregano 1/4 tsp
- Ketchup 2 tbsp
- Garlic pepper hot sauce 1 1/2 tbsp
- Butter or cooking oil 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Chicken filling: In a saucepan, heat margarine and fry chicken on low heat for a few minutes. Then turn up the heat and add all vegetables and seasonings. Mix well stirring for a minute and set aside.
- Tomato sauce: In a saucepan, heat margarine and fry garlic, green chillies and oregano together on low heat, then add all sauces and seasonings and cook on low heat for a few minutes. Add tomato puree, stir on high heat for four minutes. Cover the saucepan and simmer on low heat, till sauce becomes thick.
- Grease a large baking tray. Spread slices of bread with chicken filling, and cover with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and garnish with a few drops of hot garlic sauce. Set in the greased baking tray. Prepare all slices in this way.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts and bread is a little crispy.
- Serve hot with sweet and sour lasagne or pasta dishes.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Serves: 12-15 people