- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 2/3 cup crushed salad croutons
- Sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, chives and lemon-pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and mushrooms.Place a rounded teaspoonful in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center.
- Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over wontons. Coat with croutons. Place on a baking sheet; freeze. Transfer to a large freezer bag; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen wontons: Place wontons on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Turn; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Note for Chicken Wonton Rolls:
Use egg rolls right off the bat with these – less mess, and you can double the recipe for large crowds.
Preparation Time: 40 min
Freezing Bake: 15 min