- 2 Egg Yolks
- 210ml / 7fl.oz. Cold Water
- 100g / 4oz Plain Flour
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch long strips
- 3 teasp Cornflour
- Oil for deep frying
- Preheat the deep fat fryer to 190ºC, 375ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the cold water.
- Gently fold the flour into the liquid using a figure of eight action. Do not over fold: there should be some visible flour particles.
- Coat the chicken strips in cornflour, removing any excess.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken pieces in the batter and deep fry for 2 – 3 minutes until very pale golden, a few at a time. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately with a sweet and sour sauce.