Chicken Shashlik Ingredients:
- Boneless chicken breast 1.5-2 lbs.
- Red onions 2
- Bell pepper 2 large
- Tomatoes 4 large
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
- Salt 1 tbsp.
- Crushed garlic 2 tbsp
- Crushed ginger 1 tbsp
- Corriander powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 2 tbsp.
- Soy sauce 1/2 cup.
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
How to make Chicken Shashlik
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, soy sauce, lemon juice, red chili powder, salt, crushed garlic, crushed ginger, corriander, and cumin – and mix well
- Cut bonless chicken breast into squares (roughly 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Add chicken to the marinade and set aside for 1 to 2 hours
- Cut onions into four pieces each
- Cut tomatoes into four pieces each
- Cut bell pepper into square slices (remove the seeds)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Remove chicken cubes from marinade and put in a baking pan
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Check to see if chicken juice is running clear – if not, bake for additional 15 minutes
- Remove foil, add tomatoes, onions, and bell pepper and broil on low heat for 15 minutes (or longer if desired) to brown the chicken and dry excess water
- Serve with steamed or brown rice, naan, or garlic bread.