Chicken Lazeez Handi Recipe
Chicken Lazeez Handi Ingredients:
- Boneless chicken thighs 800 grams
- Cardamoms 4
- Chicken stock ½ litre/2 cups
- Cinnamon 1” stick
- Cloves 10
- Garlic paste 20 grams/4 teaspoon
- Garlic chopped 30 grams/2 tbs
- Ginger paste 20 grams/4 teaspoon
- Onions, sliced 90 grams/ 1/3 cup
- Refined oil 75 milliliter/5 tbs
- Saffron 1 grams/ a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Yellow chili powder 2.5 grams/ ½ teaspoon
How to make Chicken Lazeez Handi
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Soak saffron in a little water in a spoon for 10 minutes. Crush and keep aside. Heat oil in a saucepan and add chopped garlic. Sauté till brown. Add the onions and sauté till light brown.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes, chicken, salt and yellow chili powder. Stir for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover and simmer till chicken is tender. Remove from fire. Take out the chicken pieces from the gravy.
- Strain the gravy into another pot through a soup strainer. Cook the gravy till reduced to a sauce-like consistency.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for a minute.Stir in the prepared saffron and serve hot with an Indian bread of your choice.
Tags chicken chicken handi handi tasty