Chicken Handi Lazeez Ingredients:
800 grams of Chicken Thighs (boneless)
- 1/3 cup of Onion (sliced)
- 1-inch piece of Cinnamon Stick (Dal Cheeni)
- 4 Cardamom Pods (Choti Ilaichi)
- 10 Cloves (Loung)
- A pinch of Saffron (Zaafran)
- 2 tbsp. Garlic Pods (Lehsan) (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp. Yellow Chilli Powder
- 4 tsp. Garlic Paste (Pisa Lehsan)
- 4 tsp. Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
- 2 cups of Chicken Stock
- 5 tbsp. of Refined Oil
How to make Chicken Handi Lazeez
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Soak saffron in a little water in a spoon for 10 minutes. Crush and keep aside. Heat oil in a saucepan and add chopped garlic. Sauté till brown. Add the onions and sauté till light brown. Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes, chicken, salt and yellow chilli powder. Stir for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover and simmer till chicken is tender. Remove from fire. Take out the chicken pieces from the gravy. Strain the gravy into another pot through a soup strainer. Cook the gravy till reduced to a sauce-like consistency. Add the chicken pieces and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the prepared saffron and serve hot with bread of your choice.
- Chicken Handi Lazeez is ready to serve.