Chicken Handi Curry Ingredients
1 kg Boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
- 2 1/2 tsp Ginger / garlic paste
- 4, medium Tomatoes, pureed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds, roasted and powdered
- 5 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Mint and coriander leaves
- 6 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 6 tbsp Yogurt, whipped
- Saffron pinch
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 15 Cashew nuts, powdered
- 5 Green chilies, crushed
- Tempering (Baghar/Tadka)
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut powder
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp Oil
How to make Chicken Handi Curry
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the chicken and leave for 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and fry ginger / garlic paste, cumin seeds powder and green chilies together for a while on high heat. Add tomato puree and other spices. Stir on low heat till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add marinated chicken and mix well on medium heat for a few minutes. Cover the pan and let the chicken simmer on low heat, till the chicken is cooked and oil separates from the gravy.
- For the tempering (baghar/tadka), heat oil in a handi and fry the baghar ingredients on medium heat. Add chicken along with the gravy, mint and coriander leaves and mix well. Cover the handi and simmer on low heat for five minutes.
- Chicken Handi Curry is ready to serve.