Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Long grain rice 1 kg (soaked for about 20 min)
- Chicken small pieces 1 cup finely chopped
- Carrots 2 finely chopped
- Green pepper (capsicum) 1 thinly sliced
- Fresh green peas (optional) 1/2 cup
- Garlic water 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Ajinomoto (Chinese salt) 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cinnamon 1 inch piece (roasted and powdered)
- Cooking oil 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a large, heavy based pan. Add chicken pieces, Soya sauce, garlic water, salt and vinegar, fry for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then add chopped shallots, carrots, green pepper and fresh peas, stir for a few minutes. Now add the drained rice carefully, stir for 10 minutes (do not stir too hard otherwise the rice will break).
- Add 6 cups of water to the rice, cover the rice and lower the heat.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until the water has dried and the grains are separated.
- Mix in the cinnamon and Ajinomoto. Serve hot.