Chicken Churgha Recipe
Chicken Churgha Ingredients
- 1 whole chicken, skin removed
- 4 tablespoon. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon. garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon. ginger paste
- 1 level teaspoon. cumin powder
- 1 level teaspoon. garam masala
- 1 teaspoon. chili powder
- 1 level teaspoon. curry powder
- 1 level teaspoon. salt
- oil for deep frying
- 1 tablespoon. chat masala
- lemon wedges and onions for decoration
How to make Chicken Churgha
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, make deep incisions at 2 inches intervals. Place the chicken in a large bowl and rub 2 tablespoon lemon juice into the incisions. Cover and leave to marinate for about an hour.
- Add ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, salt and curry powder to the lemon juice to make a paste.
- Rub the marinade over the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 5-6 hours or over night in a refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or a karahai to smoking point, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Fry the chicken carefully in hot oil, turning many times to ensure even browning. Fry the chirgha for 12-15 minutes to a golden color, drain thoroughly with a perforated slice. Then place them on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with chat masala.
- Decorate with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- Serve with Nan, Poodinay Ki Chutney and Raita.
Tags chicken churgha