Chicken Yoghurt Curry Recipe
Chicken Yoghurt Curry Ingredients
- 1 kilogram Roasting chicken
- 1 Medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 Ripe tomatoes, diced
- Extra chopped mint or coriander leaves to garnish
How to make Chicken Yoghurt Curry
- Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- Put onion, garlic, ginger, fresh coriander into the container of electric blender.
- Blend to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan and fry the blended mixture, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric,garam masala,salt and chili powder and fry for a further minute.
- Stir in yogurt and tomatoes,and fry until liquid dries up and the mixture is the consistency of thick puree.
- Add chicken pieces, turning them in the spice mixture so they are coated on both sides, then turn heat low, cover tightly and cook until chicken is tender.
- If liquid from chicken has not evaporated by the time the flesh is cooked, uncover and raise heat to dry off excess liquid, stirring gently at the base of pan to prevent burning.
- Garnish with chopped herbs and serve with rice or chapatis
Tags chicken curry gravy