Capsicum and Chicken Pasta Ingredients:
2 Red Capsicums, halved & stalks Removed
- 2 Roma tomatoes quartered
- 400g short pasta, such as penne
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 2 tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- sea salt & crushed black pepper
- 200g cooked chicken breast fillet, shredded
How to make Capsicum and Chicken Pasta
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
- Place the capsicum & the tomato on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes or until the capsicum skin is black & the tomato is tender. Allow capsicum to cool, peel, discard the seeds & chop. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain & return to the pan.
- Place the oil, vinegar, tomato paste, oregano, basil, sugar, salt & pepper in a bowl & stir to combine. Add to the pasta with the chicken, capsicum & tomato and toss to combine.
- Capsicum and Chicken Pasta is ready to serve.