Bang Bang Chicken Ingredients
500g chicken breast fillets
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thickly sliced
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 250g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 telegraph cucumber, trimmed, halved, cut into matchsticks
- 4 shallots, pale section only, cut into 5cm lengths
- 130g (1/2 cup) Woolworths Select Smooth Peanut Butter
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light soy sauce
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1-1 1/2 tsp chilli oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) warm water
How to make Bang Bang Chicken
- Place the chicken in a medium saucepan. Pour over the stock and water. Add the ginger to the pan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a clean work surface, reserving 2 tablespoons of the poaching liquid. Use a rolling pin to pound the chicken. Shred the chicken. Place the chicken and reserved poaching liquid in a bowl.
- Place the sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- To make the sesame sauce, place the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, combined oil and 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cucumber and shallot. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Gradually add the remaining water to the sauce, stirring, until the sauce reaches pouring consistency. Drizzle the sauce over the salad. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds to serve.
Baked Chicken and Rice is ready to serve.
Preparation Time 20 – 30 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes