Apricot Chicken Ingredients
1/2 cup plain flour
- 1kg (8 pieces) skinless chicken cutlets or drumsticks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning blend
- 405ml can apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup Angas Park Large Dried Apricots
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
How to make Apricot Chicken
- Place flour and salt and pepper in the shallow dish. Lightly coat chicken pieces in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a very deep, large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes either side or until golden. Transfer to your plate. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Cover and aside.
- Add onion and garlic to frying pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for Three to four minutes or until tender. Sprinkle Moroccan seasoning over onion and stir until well combined.
- Stir in apricot nectar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to frying pan. Cover having a lid or double part of foil. Cook for Twenty or so minutes. Remove cover and add apricots, pushing them to the sauce. Cook, uncovered, for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over 1 cup boiling water. Cover. Are a symbol of 5 minutes or until water have been absorbed. Stir having a fork to separate grains. Spoon couscous onto plates. Spoon over chicken and sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
- Apricot Chicken is ready to serve.
yield: 4 servings