Ajwain Chicken Recipe
Ajwain Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken 1 1/4 pounds
- Freshly ground black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric ¼ teaspoon
- Cayenne ¼ teaspoon or more 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Ajwain seeds ½ teaspoon
- Salt ¾ teaspoon
- Garlic 1 clove peeled and crushed
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoon
How to make Ajwain Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut each chicken piece into thirds lengthwise, and then crosswise into ¾ to 1-inch segments. Put in a bowl and add the black pepper, turmeric, cayenne, cumin, ajwain, salt, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the oil mix well and set aside for 15 to 30 minutes or longer, covering and refrigerating if necessary. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoon oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over very high heat. When very hot, put in the chicken. Stir-fry until chicken pieces are lightly browned or turn opaque on the outside.
- Put in a baking dish and cover loosely with lightly oiled wax paper. The wax paper should be inside the dish and directly on the chicken pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken pieces are just cooked through. If not eating immediately, remove the chicken pieces from the baking dish to prevent them from drying out.
Tags ajwain chicken