Recipes for Seafood
Looking for authentic Seafood Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +10,000 trusted Seafood Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy Seafood recipes.Sponsored Links:
Chilli Fish Ingredients
1 kg of small pieces of boneless fish
- 200 gms Ginger cut into small pieces
- 300 gms Garlic cut into small pieces
- Coriander leaves
- 1 Onion cut into long pieces
- All purpose flour – 200 gms
- Egg – 1
- Bell pepper – 1 cut into small pieces
- Agin-o-motto – a pinch
- chilli powder, salt, black pepper to taste
- Vinegar – 5 tablespoons
- Green chillies – 10 cut into small pieces
How to make Chilli Fish
- Mix the all purpose flour, beaten egg, ginger garlic paste, salt, chilli powder to make a paste.
- Add the fish to the paste and let it for 45 minutes
- Heat some oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onions, bell pepper, ginger and garlic pieces, cut green chillies.
- Add the vinegar
- Add the fried fish pieces to the boiling mixture.
- Add the agin-o-motto and coriander leaves.
- Chilli Fish is ready to serve.
Pesto Fish Stew Ingredients
2 340-mL cans vegetable cocktail , about 2-3/4 cups (675 mL)
- 10-oz (284-mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 6 baby potatoes , quartered
- 2 tomatoes , chopped
- 2 lb (1 kg) fresh mussels
- 1/2 lb (250 g) tilapia or catfish
- 2 celery stalks , chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pesto
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated orange peel (optional)
How to make Pesto Fish Stew
- Pour juice and broth into a large wide saucepan. Add onion. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Then stir in potatoes and tomatoes. Reduce heat so mixture simmers, and stir often, until potatoes are partially cooked, about 12 min.
- Meanwhile, scrub mussels and remove beards. Discard any that are open. Cut fish into chunky pieces. Prepare celery.
- When potatoes are tender, stir in mussels, fish, celery and peas. Increase heat to medium-high. Cover and gently boil, stirring occasionally, until mussels open, 5 to 8 min. Remove from heat.
- Discard any mussels that haven’t opened. Stir in pesto and orange peel. Ladle into bowls and dollop or swirl with more pesto, if you wish. Great with chunks of sourdough bread for dunking.
- Pesto Fish Stew is ready to serve.
Steamed Hilsa with Lemon Ingredients:
1 kg – ilish
- 3 tsp – mustard
- 4 – green chillies
- 3 tsp – mustard oil
- 1/2 – lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – turmeric
How to make Steamed Hilsa with Lemon
- Chop fish.
- Grind mustard and green chillies with a pinch of salt.
- Marinate fish with salt, turmeric and lime juice for 10 min.
- Apply mustard mixture and place in a container.
- Sprinkle mustard oil and mix.
- Close container and steam the fish in a cooker for 10-15 min without whistle.
- Steamed Hilsa with Lemon is ready to serve.
Servings : 4
Time Taken : 15-30 mins
Deluxe Fried Fish Ingredients
How to make Deluxe Fried Fish:
- Cut the fish into medium sized pieces.
- Put the fish in a large bowl and add 2 tsps of salt and fill the bowl with water and
place it in a refrigerator.
- Keep the fish in the bowl for about 2 hours.
- Remove the fish from the bowl and rinse in fresh water.
- Drain the water.
- Add water to baking mix to prepare thin batter.
- Dip the fish in this batter.
- Take out the fish from batter and dip in flour with the pepper and salt.
- Deep fry in a frying pan till golden brown.
- Deluxe Fried Fish is ready to serve, hot.
Indian Basa Ingredients
4Indian Basa fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1cup flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 large bowl Yoghurt
- Â½ cucumber – diced
- Freshly chopped mint
- Cooking Oil ,Salt to taste.
How to make Indian Basa
- Take a large bowl. Put the yoghurt, mint and cucumber and blend thoroughly. Place the bowl in the refrigerator. Mix the flour and spices. Beat an egg in a bowl .Dip the fillets in the egg and then coat with the flour mix. Heat cooking oil in a large pan. Fry the fish fillets till cooked on both sides.
- Serve hot with the yoghurt prepared with mint and coriander.
- Indian Basa is ready to serve.
Andhra Prawn Masala Ingredients:
Prawns – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Curry Leaves – 10
- Green Chillies – 5, sliced
- Onions – 1/2 kg, sliced
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
To Steam the Prawns:
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
For the Prawn Masala Powder:
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tblsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamoms – 3
How to make Andhra Prawn Masala
- Put the prawns in a pressure cooker.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and water. Bring to pressure and then remove the cooked from the stove.
- Cool and drain the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a pan, temper with curry leaves and green chillies until they begin to shrink.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn transparent.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger pastes, salt, red chilli and turmeric powders.
- Add the prawns, reduce the heat and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Dry-roast the coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms on a tawa.
- Grind them to a fine powder.
- Sprinkle over the prawns.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or with rice.
- Andhra Prawn Masala is ready to serve.
Almond Coated Basa Ingredients
2 basa fillets
- Â½ cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Â¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Â½ tsp black, pepper
- Â½ cup flour
- Â¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Cooking oil
How to make Almond Coated Basa
- Take the ground almonds in a bowl and add Parmesan cheese and spices. Mix these well. Beat egg with buttermilk in another bowl. Coat the fish with flour and dip fish fillets in egg mixture. Then apply almond mixture on fish. Heat oil in large frying pan. Fry the fish in the oil till the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Almond Coated Basa is ready to serve.
Crispy Baked Basa Ingredients
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound basa (Vietnamese catfish) fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely crushed plain Melba toast rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
How to make Crispy Baked Basa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a bowl, thoroughly blend the mayonnaise, mustard, capers, ketchup, paprika, and hot pepper sauce.
- Brush the basa fillets with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, and roll in the crushed Melba toast to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Use a kitchen sprayer to lightly spray the coated fish with remaining olive oil. Arrange the fish in a baking dish and top with garlic and lemon slices.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork and coating is lightly browned. Serve with the mayonnaise sauce mixture.
- Crispy Baked Basa is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Butter Garlic Prawns Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- half a bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1kg medium raw prawns, peeled with tails attached, and deveined
How to make Butter Garlic Prawns
- Preheat oven to 230 C.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. When the butter melts completely, remove from heat.
- Arrange prawns in a shallow baking dish. Pour the butter mixture over the prawns and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the prawns are pink and opaque.
- Butter Garlic Prawns is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Italian tuna balls Ingredients
2 160g cans of tuna in sunflower or olive oil, drained (reserve a little oil)
- small handful of pine nuts
- freshly grated zest 1 lemon
- small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg , beaten
- 400g spaghetti
- 500g jar pasta sauce
How to make Italian tuna balls
- Flake the tuna into a bowl, then tip in the pine nuts, lemon zest, parsley, breadcrumbs and egg. Season and mix together with your hands until completely combined. Roll the mix into 12 walnut-size balls. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil, then cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Heat a little of the tuna oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the tuna balls for 5 mins, turning every minute or so until completely golden. Drain on kitchen paper. Heat the tomato sauce, then toss together with the pasta and tuna balls.
- Italian tuna balls is ready to serve.
Prep 15 mins
Ready in 20 mins